Few things to know...
- You can randomize the order in which the possible answers to a question are displayed, and create a pool of available answers (create 10 answers to choose from, but only display 5 each time)
- If you want to gather info or survey your learners, we recommend embedding a form instead of using these questions types.
- If you want to test your learners on a topic where there could be an infinite number of good answers, we recommend using the Assignment module, which allow for open-ended answers.
- You can search for any template name in our Help Centre and you'll find an article on how to use it.
What’s the difference between a Quiz, Pop quiz and Challenge?
- Challenge - an activity that puts into practice concepts and ideas covered in the lesson (learners are applying the knowledge)
They can be found inside the lesson module (under the Interactive/Challenge Templates sub-section), they are similar to presentation templates because they have a Description box (text editor) and Instructor tip section (like lesson templates), each question shows as one screen in the menu, and they are not graded.
- Pop quiz - can be used as formative assessment
They can be found inside the lesson module (under the Interactive/Challenge Templates sub-section), there is no text editor (you can only type in the question), all questions are under the same screen in the menu, and they are not graded.
- Quiz - more formal assessment/can be used as summative assessment
They are their own module, there is no text editor (you can only type in the question), each question shows as one screen in the menu, and they ARE graded.
Question Types Cheat Sheet
The matrix below shows you how each question type works, including a learner prompt you can use to help learners know what to do, where you can find that question type (Pop quiz, quiz, challenge) and if it requires image upload/works well with images.
Want to learn more about choosing the best lesson template? Check out this article: Coassemble Cheat Sheet: Choosing the Best Lesson Template.