eCoach’s free Authoring account comes preloaded with a raft of drag and drop Templates, which can be a little overwhelming for first time users. We’ve created this article to illustrate some of the different ways our favourite Templates can be employed, and hopefully inspire users to start thinking about when they could replace a simple text-based Template with an interactive one.
Presentation Templates are engaging Templates designed to spice up your e-Learning design and add an interactive element to basic text, image and video slides. Each of the Presentation Templates can be used in a different way:
Wheel Template: Glossary Terms, Definitions
- The Wheel Template provides a fun and engaging way to introduce new glossary terms, ideas, or concepts in bite size pieces. Any extended lists you have can be added into the Wheel Template and turned into an interactive e-Learning slide.
Word Circle Template: Definitions, Meanings, Establishing Visual Connections
- The Word Circle Template provides a fun way for learners to explore the definitions and meaning of words and ideas. Using a graphic or photo within your word circle can be an effective way to connect ideas to a visual stimulus.
Springy-List Template: Separating Concepts, Chunking
- The Springy-List Template is ideal for presenting chunks of information or non-visual concepts. The Springy-List Template works by prompting the participant to explore each of its elements, allowing you to separate concepts and present a lot of information piece by piece, without overloading your audience.
Image Click Template: Adding Graphics
- The Image Click Template is the perfect tool for adding graphics and other visuals to your eLearning courses. Combining text with images is not only fun and engaging for your Participants, it’s also effective!
Interactive/Challenge and Checkpoint Templates
Interactive/Challenge and Checkpoint Templates are a great way to break up your Lessons and test how well your content is being retained. These Templates are formative rather than formal assessments, meaning that participants’ marks are not recorded and they can attempt to retry the questions as many times as they wish. A typical Course structure would involve one or two Checkpoint Templates throughout a Lesson, followed by a formal Quiz.
Drag n Drop Template: Visual Recognition
- The Drag and Drop Template allows you to challenge your Participants’ knowledge by asking them to drag images onto their correct descriptions or labels. This makes the Drag and Drop Template perfect for testing visual recognition.
Correct Category Template: Information Retention, Categorisation
- The Correct Category is a Challenge Template in which Participants are required to sort information into multiple categories, making it a great tool to test how well your learners are retaining the information in your Lesson. It’s also a good way to test how well your Participants can sort information into different categories.
Multiple choice Template, True/False Template: Familiar, Effective
- The Multiple Choice and True/False Templates are a great way to test your Participant’s knowledge using a familiar and effective testing method.
Input text: Recall Memory
The Input Text Template requires Participants to answer a question by typing the answer in an available box. This makes it perfect for testing recall memory.
To get started and try eCoach yourself register for a Free Trial today!