Simply click on the Create course button on the top right corner of your homepage, give your course a name, and click on Create course.
You can access the Course overview from the navigation menu of your course on the left (blue button). The course overview is the first screen learners will see when they get to your course, so it is a very essential part of your course. There are a few things you can do here:
- Add a Course Image
- Add a course description in the Overview field, to let your learners know what your course is all about
- Add a Course Video (optional), to introduce the course trainer or the course itself, in a more engaging way
In Coassemble, a course is like a shell that holds a variety of learning resources called ‘modules’. Initially, your course pathway will be empty. To insert a module, click the Add Module button in the navigation menu and select the module type from the drop-down list:
- Lessons are like a powerpoint on steroids - building out content screen-by-screen using our 40+ templates
- Quizzes are like formal assessments, which you can use to test your users' knowledge
- Assignments are great for reflections or file submissions from learners
- The Document module lets you easily upload existing content whether it be PDFs, Powerpoints, Excel, you name it!
- Video modules are perfect to embed a video into your course
- The External Link module can send learners to other sites or embed resources such as forms, Google documents, or online content
- Finally, you can use the SCORM Package module to quickly upload third-party content from another authoring tool
You can add one or more modules to your course, that's completely up to you!
🧞♂️ Coassemble guru's tips for a smooth creation process
- Looking for inspiration? When you click on the Create a new course button, you can also Use a template instead of Starting from scratch, if you’re not quite sure how to get started. You can also check out the Resources --> Explore page to view some of our pre-made courses and quizzes, and get that creativity going!
- Not sure what our lesson and quizzes templates look like? Check out these two courses, that show you all of them in action: Coassemble Lesson Templates course and Coassemble Quizzes course
- Overwhelmed by all of our amazing templates? Check out our Coassemble Cheat Sheet: Choosing the Best Lesson Template and Coassemble Cheat Sheet: Choosing the Best Question Types articles, where we lay out which lesson/question template are best in different situations.
- Want to see what your course will looks like? Make sure you publish your content, and click on the 👁 icon at the top of the course to preview what you're working on (this will only show you published changes).
- Want to see what your learners will see? Add yourself as a learner to your workspace, and enroll yourself to the course you're working on. Then, use the Study mode button from your homepage to switch between your admin & learner dashboard.
Liked this article? Check out this other one, to help you build your first course 👇🏼: