Simply click on the Create course button on the top right corner of your homepage, give your course a name, and click on Create course.
The first tab in a course is the Overview tab. This serves as the first screen learners will see when they get to your course, so it is a very essential part of your course. There are a few things you can do here:
- Add a Course Image
- Add a course description in the Overview field, to let your learners know what your course is all about
- Add learning objectives in the What you will learn field
💡TIP: Use the quick insert option to add bullets points
- Add a Course Video
💡 TIP: Add a video from the trainer to introduce the course
The second tab in a course is the Modules tab. In Coassemble, a course is like a shell that holds a variety of learning resources called ‘modules’. Initially, your course pathway will be empty. To insert a module, click the Add New Module button and select the module type from the drop-down list:
- Lessons are like a powerpoint on steroids - building out content screen-by-screen using our 40+ templates
- Quizzes are like formal assessments, which you can use to test your users' knowledge
- Assignments are great for reflections or file submissions from learners
- The Document module lets you easily upload existing content whether it be PDFs, Powerpoints, Excel, you name it!
- Video modules are perfect to embed a video into your course
- The External Link module can send learners to other sites or embed resources such as forms, Google documents, or online content
- Finally, you can use the SCORM Package module to quickly upload third-party content from another authoring tool
You can add one or more modules to your course, that's completely up to you!
Tips & Tricks for a Smooth Creation Process
- Looking for inspiration? Go to the Resources --> Explore page to view some of our pre-made courses and quizzes, and get that creativity going!
- Not sure what our lesson and quizzes templates look like? In the Explore section, preview the Coassemble Quiz Question Templates and Coassemble Lesson Templates courses, to get a sneak peak into what every single one of our templates look like.
- Overwhelmed by all of our amazing templates? Check out our Coassemble Cheat Sheet: Choosing the Best Lesson Template and Coassemble Cheat Sheet: Choosing the Best Question Types articles, where we lay out which lesson/question template are best in different situations.
- Want to see what your course will looks like? Make sure you publish your content, and use the Preview button to see what you're working on (the Preview mode will only show you published changes).
- Want to see what your learners will see? Add yourself as a learner to your workspace, and enroll yourself to the course you're working on. Then, use the Study mode button to switch between your admin & learner dashboard.
Want someone to have a look at your first course and give you some tips & tricks on how to make it even more engaging? Use the chat bubble 💬 to ask for a course review, and we'll get back to you with some valuable insights!