The Course Chat function is available for all Groups enrolled into any one of your courses and is a powerful way to share information between Participants of the Group and the Group Facilitators. This allows for collaborative learning, which learners thrive on, and for common questions to be asked and answered by the facilitator or by fellow participants.
Accessing the Course Chat as a Facilitator
To access the Group Chat function as a Facilitator, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Enrolments tab of your Course the Group is enrolled in
- Expand the Group
- Click on the Group tab Course Chat.
Accessing the Group Chat as a Participant
To access the Course Chat function as a Participant, follow the steps below:
- Open a Course
- Click on the Course Chat button located on the top left of your screen
Turning off Course Chat
If the Group Chat function isn't required in your workspace, it can be easily turned off in the workspace Settings. Follow the simple steps below to deactivate this function:
- Click on your name at the bottom left of the page and proceed to Workspace Settings
2. Toggle the Chat button to OFF
Note: This is a global setting so will be turned off for all Groups within your Workspace.